COPE works in partnership with the Centre for Medical Rehabilitation (CMR) to increase access to quality rehabilitation services for people with physical disabilities throughout Lao PDR, focusing on the five rehabilitation centres nationwide (Champasak, Luang Prabang, Savannakhet, Vientiane, Xieng Khouang).
COPE is currently seeking the services of a Communications Consultant for the period January-March 2018 to produce 5 patient-to-patient videos to raise awareness and increase referrals to services for people with physical disabilities.
- review existing IEC material for rehabilitation treatment
- understand key steps of the treatment process for each condition
- in consultation with the technical team, develop video script and image sequence
- produce 5 high-quality, easily-accessible videos on the following:
- clubfoot treatment
- orthotic treatment for cerebral palsy
- orthotic treatment for stroke
- orthotic treatment for polio
- upper-limb functional tool (prosthetic arm) treatment
The project should commence no later than mid-January 2018 and be concluded by 15th March 2018
This position is based in Vientiane. Full ToR available on request.
- Demonstrated professional portfolio and previous experience in undertaking video assignments for public awareness and information campaigns (health communications an advantage)
- Experience working with people on potentially sensitive issues
- Well equipped with professional grade videography equipment
- Proven post production experience creating video stories
- Fluency in English
- Experience working in Lao PDR and/or southeast Asia
- Experience in working with government and non-governmental organisations preferably on disability and development
- Knowledge of concepts and approaches to rehabilitation
Qualified people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit the following to Ms Soukpaseuth Phomphakdy at the address below:
- Short proposal including methodology and timeframe and financial plan to undertake the assignments including detailed quotation
- CV of consultant and if necessary of other team members
- Sample of similar work carried out in similar areas
Deadline: 15th January 2018.
COPE, c/o Centre for Medical Rehabilitation, Khouvieng Road, Vientiane, Lao PDR
Tel/fax +856 21 218 427, E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.copelaos.org