VISITOR CENTRE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
COPE works in partnership with the Centre for Medical Rehabilitation (CMR) to increase access to quality rehabilitation services for people with physical disabilities throughout Lao PDR, focusing on the five rehabilitation centres nationwide (Champasak, Luang Prabang, Savannakhet, Vientiane, Xieng Khouang). The Visitor Centre is an integral part of COPE offering a permanent exhibition that showcases the work of COPE and government partners helping people with physical disabilities move on and is a key sustainable funding source for COPE.
COPE is currently hiring a Visitor Centre Business Development Coordinator to join COPE starting March 2018. The Visitor Centre Business Development Coordinator is responsible for the overall operations and development of the COPE Visitor Centre to promote COPE’s work and to generate a sustainable income for the organisation.
Visitor Centre Operations:
- Oversee the daily operations of a team of three staff and occasional short-term volunteers working at COPE Visitor Centre (exhibition, shop and café) and ensure the centre is adequately staffed at all times
- Coordinate marketing, website and social media communications to showcase and promote COPE
Visitor Centre Business Development:
- Participate in the development and lead the achievement of performance milestones for income generation through the Visitor Centre and COPE fundraising events
- Manage Visitor Centre activities and staff to optimise and sustain sales performance, donations and visitor satisfaction
- Management and Reporting
- Supervise and manage the Visitor Centre Team members
- Produce monthly statistics and financial reports and analysis on all Visitor Centre activities and progress towards performance milestones for income generation
This position is for a Lao national and is based in Vientiane but may require travel to the Provincial Rehabilitation Centres in Champasak, Luang Prabang, Savannakhet and Xieng Khouang, and other provinces based on needs.
(Full job description available upon request)
- Higher diploma or degree in business management or related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in business management and development (service and communications sector desirable)
- Excellent organisational, coordination, administrative skills and computer skills (Office and Media)
- Knowledge and commitment to adhere to COPE’s values
- Fluent English verbal and written skills and excellent general communication skills
- Experience in the disability sector, development or social work an advantage
Qualified people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Ms Soukpaseuth Phomphakdy at the address below.
Deadline: 12th March 2018
COPE, c/o Centre for Medical Rehabilitation, Khouvieng Road, Vientiane, Lao PDR
Tel/fax +856 21 218 427, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.copelaos.org